Sunday, May 23, 2010

Flannel Fish

I found this tutorial a while back. I really like the idea of making things with felt, though I wish I could afford to buy wool felt instead of the synthetic stuff. Anyway, I have many felt projects bookmarked. This one was pretty tricky because the pieces are so small and I couldn't figure out how to enlarge the pattern. It was very difficult to cut the pattern out and then trace it on the felt and then cut out the felt. I just used a regular pen to trace on the felt so there was lots of bleeding which didn't help with getting the pieces cut out right. You can't tell from the picture, but there are lots of pen makes, especially on the yellow fish. There is still a blue fish that I haven't finished, but I do like the way they look on the fridge. I just don't look to closely. And I found a better marking pen then doesn't bled so maybe someday I'll try again.


No comments:

Post a Comment