Friday, May 21, 2010

Pleated dress for Grace

I finished the dress for grace today that I have been working on. Not working on really. What I mean is that the material has been sitting on my desk for the past three weeks and I finally did something about it today. I don't have pictures yet but as soon as I do i'lladd them to this post as well as the link where I got the idea. Anyway, I think the dress turned out ok. Actually for a first time making clothes it's pretty good I think. Some things I learned are that I'm not very good at squaring up fabric. Also I really have no idea how to make pleats. And I'm not at all good at sewing with knits. Once it all came together though it turned out cute. At least while grace is wearing it because then she is always moving so you can't see any of the mistakes. I think she likes it but I don't think it will be a favorite. And that's ok. I really would like to get better at making clothes for my girls. Not all there clothes, just some select pieces. I'm not really interested in making clothes for Sam, poor boy. But there are some really cute patter out there for girls. I just wish I had someone close by to help me through the hard parts. I could really have used some help with those pleats today. They look nothing like the tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment