Tuesday, May 18, 2010

1st Christmas Sampler


I bought the cross stitch book Donna Kooler's 555 Christmas Cross-Stitch Designs in 2006. I think I first saw it in my local library. Anyway, I had the idea of stitching some of the small designs on dish towels to give as gifts that year, but I think I only finished 2 of them. My biggest hang-up was that I couldn't find towels that I liked, and I didn't know how to do a french knot. Anyway, there are 4 or 5 samplers in the book and I thought I'd do three of them for family presents. Yeah, way unrealistic. I started the one above and it took me a year to finish it. I had planned on giving it to my brother Spencer and his wife Anna but after it was done and framed I realized I had invested so much of my time and money ($200 for framing!) I just had to keep it. Very selfish I know. I did stitch them a snowman Merry Christmas banner thing that turned out cute. I wish I had a picture of it. Anyway, I really enjoy getting this out every year and hanging it at Christmas time. Though I left out all the french knots!
I'm currently working on another sampler from the same book. Not even 1/4 of the way into it so it probably wont be ready any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment