Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Fabric Flowers



This is what I came up with for teacher gifts this year. I used this tutorial and it was fairly easy with one tweak. I tried to do the no-sew method with just gathering the fabric by hand, but the results were not at all pleasing. Instead, I used the sewing machine to run a wide basting stitch down one edge of the fabric and then gathered the material up that way before glueing it on the stem. Grace helped me paint the stems, which was fun to do together. I think they turned out quite nicely and plan at some point to make more for myself. I found the tall skinny vases at Joann's on clearance for $2 per 3-pack. All together the whole thing cost me about $15. Not to bad for 5 teacher gifts!

1 comment:

  1. I just saw your new blog - like this idea - why don't you also try to attach them to pens like they do with fake flowers.

    ReplyDelete