Sunday, June 20, 2010

Grace's Dress



This is the dress that I made for Grace. I used this tutorial here. My version isn't nearly so well done. There are quite a few mistakes and many things I will do differently if I ever make another one. Mainly the pleats. I've never really done pleats before and I had a really hard time trying to get them to look how I thought they should. I finally just gave up and sewed it as is. I think though, I understand how to do them now. Next time I'll also sew the skirt higher on the shirt since the weight of the skirt is stretching the shirt out and I don't really like how that looks. I'll also make the sash wider. Grace really likes it though and wears it often and I feel confident that I could make a better one next time.

* I forgot I already wrote about this dress.

2 comments:

  1. good job - i wouldn't do it! so you are already better then me... I agree that you should make the sash bigger. I wonder if you just got a different blend of material in your shirt if that would make a difference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel! I just clicked on this link. I thought it was a craft site, not YOUR craft site. Well done. This is a great first attempt and I encourage you to keep trying new things. Lucky Grace.

    ReplyDelete