Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Love Cross Stitch


This was an extremely easy cross stitch pattern from Birds of a Feather. At least, it should have been easy, but I had a hard time with the linen material. I'm used to Aida which leaves no guesswork as to where the stitches go. This linen, apart from being completely the wrong color, has lots of imperfections in the weave and at times it was almost impossible to get the stitch in right. But it was the only linen I could find in Spokane that was the right count. I should just start buying my material online. Anyway, the pattern suggested using variegated color floss which would have looked really nice I think, but its super expensive, comparatively, so stuck with plain. It was nice to have a small project to work on; one that I could get done in just a few days. I have a Halloween pattern I plan on starting soon.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel!!! I love Birds of a Feather! I can't wait to get one. I can only find them online. I love the one that says "No Bees No Honey No Work No Money" It will be in the kids room of course. I love their Halloween stuff too!! Yeah for you! I love cross stich but never have done linen. I'm too chicken. GOOD JOB!! Love, Erin

    ReplyDelete