Thursday, August 19, 2010

Owl Ornament

I've had the pattern for this felt owl ornament sitting on my desk for months now. I finally decided just to do it already and move on to other things. This was mostly in the way of an experiment and I thought if it turned out well I could make one for Sally. Well, I just grabbed some felt and went at it. It was easy to cut out and sew together, though I was using an embroidery needle which was not a good idea because it was too blunt. The hardest thing was the blanket stitch around the edge. I've never done that before. I still need practice though I was improving as I went along. I don't plan on finishing this guy, but I do think he has potential with a better choice of color, thread, needle and embellishments.

1 comment:

  1. buy a small x-mas tree and make a bunch of bird ordaments and then have a theme tree to stick in a corner for decoration - or on the front porch or something.... you could use it even in the fall -

    ReplyDelete