Monday, October 18, 2010

Halloween Table mat


I've had a book of crafts from Mary Englebright for years. I don't really like any of the projects in the book except for this one. I finally decided that this was the year to do it. It was fairly easy. I ended up I really big piece of yellow felt because the by-the-yard felt was twice as wide as normal but that ended up a good thing because I had a hard time squaring it up and went through almost all of it before I got a piece cut right. The stars were also hard and ended up bigger somehow then they were supposed to. There should be 5 stars in each square but my hand was starting to ache with all the cutting so I just left them as is. Also, Sam was quick to point out that real candy corn are orange with a yellow bottom but I was just following the pattern so not my fault.

1 comment: