Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas Wreath and Tree shirt


I skipped out on my Relief Society Christmas dinner so I could finish these two projects last night. The wreath I decided to do while at Erin's house last week and bought most of the supplies then. I used kidney beans and hot glued them to the wreath form. If I ever do one again, I'll try to find a bigger bean. It took me about 3 hours to glue them all on the wreath, but I had a book on cd to listen to so I was ok. The spray painting was quick and easy. I don't really like the bow... I wasn't thinking and bought glitter ribbon so now I have glitter everywhere, and I'd rather have something more full and bow-y, but I couldn't find what I wanted in the store and will have to do some research on how to make one. But it'll do for now.


I saw the idea for the ribbon tree shirt and this blog. I really couldn't find the kind of ribbon I had in mind for it at Joann's. They didn't seem to have a large selection of Christmas ribbon so I just had to make due with what I could find. I think I've seen Christmas ribbon at Michael's but I didn't want to make another trip out there. It was a really easy project. I ironed on interfacing on the back side of the front of the shirt and pined down the ribbons really well. I'm not very good at sewing on knit but it worked out well. I couldn't get Eva to sit still to get a good picture. I'm making another one for Grace so once that's done hopefully I can get the two girls together with their matching shirts!

**Update**
I found a tutorial for a quick bow online and used a twist tie to attach it to the front of the wreath hanger. I still don't love it, but it's much better. I think I need to trim the ends... maybe take out that back bow all together?

1 comment: